Wednesday 21 July 2010

Ratty update

Amongst everything else that's been going on, I also tried ratty introductions. Long story short, they didn't go well. So now I am stuck with 2 pairs of rats in 2 cages, in my bedroom. It can't stay like this. So.. I have ordered a new cage, the Liberta Explorer. It is preeeetty big. According to the rat cage calculators it could house 13 rats, so my 4 are in for a treat. I am hoping to keep the small boys cage in the loft, just in case I ever need it. The cage that we made for the big boys though, we will have to break and dump :( after all that effort. It is a shame, but it's for the best.
The new cage is expected to arrive tomorrow, so I'm hoping I can get it up and together in the evening, and move the ratties in at the weekend. I'm so excited, I love getting new things for my rats as I know they love checking out new things. Plus it will give my my room back, and it should be a lot easier for cleaning and getting toys in and out, since the whole side opens up via the doors.

No comments: