Thursday 29 April 2010

DIY Rat Cage - 3

We used part of one of the shelves from the bar to make an additional shelf to give that little bit extra floor space. Also, since both shelves didn't go all the way to the back, I was slightly concerned that if a silly ratty jumped at the top, he would fall all the way down two levels...

We cut the vinyl flooring to size and used it to line all the shelves. Then we used the electrical tape to cover all edges to try and prevent urine and cleaning products to get into the corners and cause the wood to swell.
 I ordered myself some antipill polar fleece from ebay and Mum had some self-adhesive hook & loop (velcro) so I cut out 2 pieces of fleece for each shelf. I will most likely make a 3rd, but I am waiting for more fleece to arrive as I ran out. This means When one is being washed I have a spare.

So, all that is really left to do is re-attach the doors, and decide where everything is going to go and put in place the hooks.. how exciting!

And here is a cutie pic of the boys snuggling in their newest toy:

X

No comments: